In accordance with the National Department of Health and in line with the latest announcement made by Federal government, we will be adapting the way we do business immediately by conducting all auctions in an online only arena.
Traditional open outcry auctions:
All traditional open outcry auctions such as our weekly Decorative Arts sales and our weekly Furniture sales will be conducted in real time behind closed doors. Buyers will be able to participate in the following three remote ways:
- Absentee bidding via our competitive pre-sale bidding platform on our website up until half an hour prior to the start of the sale
- Telephone bids can be registered online through our website
Online only timed auctions:
- Buyers can continue to participate in these auctions via our competitive bidding platform at www.lawsons.com.au
- All departments are fully equipped to provide you with both ‘condition reports’ and/or additional high-resolution images for lots that you may be interested in. These requests can be made through our website or over the phone. No physical viewings will be held.
Collection of purchases and delivery of goods for sale:
- With the health and safety of our clients and staff being of the utmost importance, we have strict protocols in place in order to receive and release goods whilst adhering to the Government’s current guidelines concerning gatherings. We will only be able to accept deliveries from, or release items to, carriers or individuals by appointment in order to control the volume of visitors to the rooms. See Payment and Shipping for an updated listing of recommended/suggested carriers.
Information for buyers:
- Arrangements should be made within 48 hours of the sale closure in relation to the collection of goods. We have a number of options available to you, no matter how small or large the size of your purchase/s. If your purchase is only small in size (both physically and financially) and you are self isolating, please reply to the invoice email and we will do what we can to assist. Naturally, we are prepared to store smaller items for the foreseeable future at no charge, however larger items will need to be removed from the rooms in a timely fashion. Please ensure you have advised the arrangements you have in place within the specified period.
- All collections must be carried out between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm from the day that the sale takes place, or up until 4.30pm on the first Tuesday following the sale. If not collecting in person, please ensure that your carrier is provided with both your name and bidder number. If you have bought in multiple sales, then that will also need to be advised.
Information for sellers:
- All consignment deliveries must take place each Monday or Tuesday between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm by appointment.
- For an appointment, call our office on 02 9566 2377 and follow the prompts. Our large carpark area can safely handle up to four vehicles at a time and our dock manager will explain the protocol to each before entry in order to maintain safety and efficiency.
Payment of goods:
All payments will need to be made via one of the following methods only:
- Via our online secure payment gateway
There will be no option for cash payments.
Thank you for your continued support